What is the application process?
- All prospects must see the unit prior to renting the apartment. You can schedule a showing online or call the leasing number on the ad to schedule over the phone.
- Once you have seen the unit, please submit an application HERE. Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis, once you have seen the apartment.
- Once you notify us that you have submitted an application, we will post an application fee. These are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Once paid, we will run your screening.
- Once approved, we post your deposit. Like the application fee, you have 24 hours to pay the deposit, before we move onto the next applicant.
- Once the deposit is paid, we will generate and send you an electronic lease. Like the processes above, you have 24 hours to read and sign the lease before it is voided.
- Once the lease is signed, the apartment is yours! We will then stop showing the unit and take it off the market.
What qualifications are necessary to rent an apartment?
- A monthly income that is equal to, or greater than, twice the amount of rent per month
- Good, established credit (minimum of 2 open lines of credit in good standing)
- No collections
- Current, verifiable employment with proof of income
- No rental debt
- No evictions
- An approved credit and background screening
What if I do not meet all the qualifications?
- Applicant(s) may qualify without required income if he/she has a co-signer whose income is at least three times the amount of rent.
- Applicant(s) may satisfy our credit requirement with a co-signer who meets our credit standards if applicant(s) is/are unable to. If applicant has no credit history, he or she may put down a double security deposit.
- Applicant(s) without one year or more of current employment history may use a co-signer with applicable employment history.
Does RIO accept Section 8 or any type of other housing voucher?
RIO will be accepting housing vouchers as a source of income as of January 1st, 2019. Please call 303-733-0487.
Where is the office located?
Our office is located at 200 Lipan Street Denver, CO 80223.
During what hours is the office opened?
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as major holidays.
What is the mailing address?
200 Lipan Street Denver, CO 80223
What is the general maintenance line?
What is the main office line?
Finding An Apartment
How do I schedule an apartment viewing?
If your intended move-in date is on, or shortly after, the advertised date-of-availability, call the number that is displayed in the individual apartment listing.
Does RIO rent "sight unseen"?
RIO prefers that a prospective tenant view in-person the apartment unit that he/she wishes to rent. If you currently live out of state and are unable to view an apartment in-person, a leasing agent may--at his or her own individual discretion--allow you to rent a unit if a friend, colleague, or family member participates in a showing on your behalf.
How much money do I need to put down to secure an apartment?
The required security is typically equal to one month's rent, total. This exact amount is disclosed in each individual apartment listing. Contingent on his/her ability to fulfill qualifications, a tenant may be required to pay an additional deposit amount.
How do I prepare for an apartment viewing?
- Complete an application here. Note that an application fee is not due until you have finished your tour and are certain that you'd like to rent the unit.
- If you think that you might need a co-signer, have him/her complete a separate application using our online application system.
- Have your checkbook handy at the showing or be prepared to pick up a money order shortly after you have viewed an apartment. Our leasing agents do not carry a cash box and, though our agents do carry a credit card reader, a convenience fee will be applied to each individual credit card charge.
- Be ready to either: sign a lease document in person at our central office located at 200 Lipan in Denver, OR be ready to receive and sign an electronic version of the lease agreement on your tablet, mobile phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Bring your ID in case you decide to have us run your application.
Can I have a pet in my apartment?
a. Cats & Dogs:
At the majority of our dog-friendly buildings, there is a limit of one dog per unit. A few communities will, however, permit up to two dogs. Pinnacle does not permit the combination of a cat and a dog in a single unit at most of our apartment communities. At cat-friendly properties, up to two cats per unit are okay. If you are a current tenant, please inquire with your property manager to determine the count limitations for pets. Prospective tenants can review the pet policy information found within the terms and conditions section of our individual apartment listings.
RIO follows all city-regulated breed restrictions.
At dog-friendly buildings, only dogs at or under 50 lbs are allowed.
As the majority of our dog-friendly buildings, there is a limit of one dog per unit. A few communities will, however, permit up to two dogs. RIO does not permit the combination of a cat and a dog in a single unit at most of our apartment communities. At cat-friendly properties, up to 2 cats per unit are okay. If you are a current tenant, please inquire with your property manager to determine the count limitations for pets. Prospective tenants can review the pet policy information found within the terms and conditions section of our individual apartment listings.
Pet Fees, Pet Deposits, & Pet Rent
At most buildings, a one-time $200 pet fee is due at the time of move-in for each animal. At these such properties, monthly pet rent is typically not charged on top of the single-charge pet fee. Individual apartment listings will have information regarding pet charges that pertain to the advertised property. Current tenants may contact their building manager to determine the applicability of pet fees, pet deposits, and/or pet rent.
Other Pet Types:
At the present time no other type of animal, aside from cats and dogs, have been approved for habitation at any of our apartment communities. This list of omitted animal types includes, but is not limited to, rabbits, hamsters, snakes, lizards, turtles, teacup pigs, and ferrets.
Aquariums & Tanks:
Aquariums are not permitted. Any fish tank must be 1 gallon or less in size.
Can I get a parking spot at my building?
If there is parking at your building, contact your property manager to add this amenity to your lease, or request to be placed on a parking wait list.
What do I do if someone is in my parking spot?
This depends on the property. Please contact your property manager for details.
How do I give my notice to vacate?
Tenants must give 60-day written notice to vacate by the 1st of the month to your property manager. If a notice is not give, it is considered holding over and a month-to-month fee may be applied.
How do I turn in my keys?
- Please turn in keys with a forwarding address to your property manager.
- Keys are due to the office no later than 5:00PM on the day of move out.
When do I get my deposit?
60 days after the move-out date.
How do I schedule a walk-through?
Generally, we do not do walk-throughs as part of our move-out process, but we will be happy to accommodate and complete a walk-through upon request.
When do I know to call the police?
- If it is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
- If it is not a life-threatening emergency nor a maintenance issues, please call the police non-emergency line for Denver if your concern involves one of the following issues: (i) Noise complaints; (ii) Vagrants in or around the building; (iii) Any unsafe circumstances occurring on the property.
How do I submit a maintenance request during regular business hours?
- Tenants can submit a maintenance request online via the Tenant Portal.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 303-292-5608.
- If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
How do I submit a maintenance request after business hours or on the weekend?
- If your request is not an emergency, please submit a maintenance request online, email email@example.com, or wait until the next business day to call our maintenance line.
- If your request is an EMERGENCY that cannot wait until the next business day, call 303-292-5608, select Option 5 to be transferred, and leave a detailed message. An on-call representative will then return your call.
What do I do if my power goes out?
- If power is out in the entire building, please call Xcel Energy.
- If power is only out in part of your unit, or is out throughout your entire apartment, but not in the rest of the building, please call our maintenance line at 303-292-5608.
What do I do if I have locked myself out of my apartment?
During regular business hours you may call our maintenance request line. Please contact a locksmith if this occurs afterhours or on the weekend.
What do I do if I smell gas?
- If you feel sick or dizzy, please leave the apartment and call 911 immediately.
- Otherwise, open all windows and leave immediately. Call Xcel Energy (1-800-895-2999), then call our maintenance line (303-292-5608).
What are the fees for paying online?
There is no charge for paying with an electronic check. A 3.5% convenience fee will be applied to each individual credit or debit card transaction.
Who do I make my check payable to?
This depends on the property. Please refer to the Welcome Letter that you were issued at move-in. If you have misplaced your letter, please contact our office or your property manager directly.
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the 1st of each month with a grace period through midnight on the 4th.
When do late fees start?
- Late fees begin on the 5th of each month.
- If rent is received via mail, it must be postmarked on the 1st to waive late fees.
What do I do if my rent is late?
- Late fees need to be paid in certified funds (cashier's check or money order).
- Late rent paid online must be paid in full. We do not accept partial payments.
- If rent is being made after the 10th of the month, please contact your property manager directly.
When do I receive a renewal offer?
Renewal offers are sent 45 days prior to lease expiration that will give the tenant the option to renew or go month-to-month at an additional fee.
Can I add someone to my lease?
Yes, please contact your property manager. A new lease holder must fill out an application and qualify under the same standards.
How do I break my lease?
Residential tenants are allowed to terminate their lease early by submitting a written notice-to-vacate at least 30 days prior to their desired move-out date. A reletting fee will be charged to the tenant and in most cases will equal the tenant’s current rental rate multiplied by two. Please note that a move-out date can only occur on the final day of a calendar month.
Early termination does not apply to commercial leases. Please contact your property manager with any questions.
Does RIO allow subletting?
RIO does not allow subletting. RIO is under contractual obligation to act as the sole landlord for the apartment buildings and units that we manage.
Who is my property manager?
- Refer to the "Our Team" page to identify your property manager and contact information.
- Please refer to your Welcome Letter.
- Call 303-292-5608 and state your building; the receptionist will transfer you.
Can't Find What You Need?
At RIO, our team is dedicated to making sure you have the information you require. This is true whether you are a current or prospective tenant. Please send us a note or reach out, and we’ll work hard to ensure you find what you are looking for.